Friday, July 23, 2010

Big Camera Little Camera


Hello!

Earlier this morning I was watching the news, and I saw a Press Photographer with what seemed to be a Canon 5D MK II.


Although it's a simply magnificent camera, I see more press with 1D's.




they're both amazing cameras, although I've come to a crossroad. If I'm gonna be holding my camera up as high as I can trying to get a picture of something or somebody important, I'm gonna want to use the biggest, toughest camera I can. Cause I don't want to drop my little plastic camera and be out who knows how much, and possibly losing my million dollar image.

The Canon 1D series is by far the best Press camera in the world. It's fast, tough as nails, and captures stunning images. The 5D MK II is an amazing camera, but to me it's just not for hardcore press.

The only person I know of who'd rather use a small, plastic camera than a big, beefy, durable camera is Ken Rockwell. More on him later. If I'm gonna shoot anything other than little kids, I'm gonna use the best camera I can. I'm also gonna use the biggest camera I can. My dad's always complaining about how I could want a big heavy camera. He shot an FM, a really small camera. I'm youthful, and my hands just don't work well with a camera as small as a D60. I need a new camera ASAP. My dream camera is of course a Nikon D3s, or any Nikon or Canon full pro camera. Why? IT JUST FEELS GOOD. I shot with the 40D/bat. grip again (Images to come) and I loved it. It fit my big ol' man hands right.

So what would you prefer for certain shooting situations? A big 1D, or a small 5D. You pick.

Not to mention, the bigger the camera, the more people fear you. When you're the photographer and people don't give a crap about you, you're screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment