Thursday, September 2, 2010

Black And White Can Be Fun

Recently, Hannah B. talked about Shorpy.
Shorpy Historic Photo Archives is, well, just that. An archive of old photos, mostly B&W.
As soon as I checked out the site, it was in my Google Reader. After just two weeks of posts (About 3 a day), I've seen so many amazing pictures.


Let's talk about this photograph. I've always loved New York City, and dreamed of living, or even just visiting in one of the coolest cities in the world. This building in particular is a love of mine. The engineering, the look, all of it. But, my favorite part of the picture?
The blurred Trolly in the corner. That just did it for me. I love it. I don't know why, maybe a sense of movement? It's just cool.


The brand new (at the time) Metropolitan Life Building, New York. I'm not exactly sure why I like this so much, but I do. The bit of fade once you get to the building, the other building, more faded. It's just an amazing image.



So, that's just a drop in the ocean from Shorpy, and I strongly suggest you check the site out. Makes me want to go film.

TaTa for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment