Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm Comin' Home

G'morning, Folk! Back today with an Image of Sarah performing a new song of hers in front of youth, not much to say other than Wow, Powerful.


I'm Comin' Home

Nikon D60
35mm f/1.8 DX
Exp: 1/250th
f/stop: f/2.0
ISO: 1600
Exp Comp: - 4/3rds (1.3)

Confession. I shoot 1600 a lot, as of recent. Why? When lighting conditions are right, it works fine, and I will Always take a little bit more noise if it means a better all around image.
I'd rather have more noise and a blurrless photo than less noise and a bad exposure. It's all about the trade offs.
In some cases, I'll do the opposite, usually on a still subject when I'm in a stable position. Hunching over, laying on your stomach, torquing your body to the point of 3 different cramps at the same time, none of these are particularly stable, certainly not the latter. (Trust me, it's not stable)
Along with that, I tend to shoot on a minus Exposure bias, for the same reasons. I'd rather up the photo half a stop in post than get a blurry shot to begin with.
It's all about the trade offs.

That's all for now, I'll be back soon with some more Rumors stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment