Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Fall Portrait

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Back Today with another image from Sunday (see previous post) but this time, a portrait.


The Girl behind those awesome shoes.
Techy things.
Aperture Priority
Exposure: 1/640th
f/stop: F/2.8
ISO: 800
+ 1/3 EV

Looking back, I wish I had shot f/2. My fault.
ISO was 800, it was bright out and I wanted to be at a safe shutter speed. Remember, I do a lot of walking around spontanity (My word, don't judge) and don't have time to fiddle with knobs and dials. The exposure compensation is usually the only thing I touch.

(Note: Jimmers, if you're reading this, I'm waiting for an I Told You So.)
Jim is a pro photographer that I met through a photography class. I was yarping about shooting manual, he said I'd learn to love Av and Exp. Comp. He was right.

Anywhoo, this took about 14 seconds from thought to shot (rhyme), with the words "Lauren. Tree. You. Now." shot was cropped, annoying kids in right background. Centerweighted metering is my best friend at this point in time, the sun was directly through the leaves. I almost switched to spot.

Enough rambling. There's the image, there's my take, now I want yours.
Remember, Quantaray kills, don't do it.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Jimmers rant. If I talk to him today I will sent him this way. (I can rhyme too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this photo, Evie, and I like reading your thoughts on the photo and how you did it. To me that is just as interesting as viewing the photo itself. Nice work...

    ReplyDelete