Tuesday, December 8, 2009

B's Wig Shoppe


Hola, all! I don't know why I haven't done this yet, so I guess I'll to it now.

I'd like to introduce you to the woman behind B's Wig Shoppe. This is my favorite blog out there, and you should consider it too. Hannah B's the name, making awesome is the game. She is a freelance designer, fresh out of college. She makes everything from monsters to notebooks. She makes one-of-a-kind things that are as cute as can be, and as functional as their office-like counterparts. Remember Cicero, the one-eyed, regal mustached monster? Well Hannah B. is his creator. I bet she'd make you one if you ask ;) She has an etsy shop that's full of
Christmas cheer right now. I mean, can
you resist this awesome brooch???

Oh so many times a week I wish I was a female so I could take part in all of these wonderful things.
I find myself intrigued by all things handmade. I wish I had the mindset it takes to make this sort of thing. The world out there is so cute and cuddly, but as a male I can't indulge in what I want to. Not even if I was gay. I guess
that's another reason I love blogging. I can say whatever's on my mind, even if its girly. I don't mind if no one listens, as long as I've put it out there, it's out there.



But back to Hannah B. she is lover of all things handmade. She has turned me on to blogs like Frecklednest, The design files, A CUP OF JO, and so many others.


She's the one who supported me to start this blog in the first place! (brief conversations over twitter can result in new URLs being created) I think knowing her in real life is also a huge bonus. You might thin you now her, but you have no idea until you meet her. She has a fashion that is all her own, while still keeping up with the trends. She knits scarfs and arm snugglies that would make terrific stocking stuffers (If I can persuade her to put them on etsy, that is) and her hair, well, thats another post. The point is, if you read my blog, why the heck aren't you reading hers??? She spends hours scouring the web just for YOU. She's the master of making your wallet cry for help. Alas, mine doesn't because I'm a guy, and can't indulge in the awesomeness that is crafts. At least, not on the scale that she can. I met her 9 years ago, and knew from the start that she was gonna be a cool girl, and my prediction was correct.


So, if you're not reading her blog, then you need to. Trust me, it's worth it. ;)

Oh, and don't be afraid to get a brooch or two! *wink* *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment